Did you know that the moon doesn't give out its own light; it reflects it from the sun?
- The sun only lights up one side of the moon. We only see one side of the moon.
- The moon never changes shape. What we see is the sun lighting up different sides of the moon.
- The moon is about 4.5 billion years old.
- The moon is about 250,000 miles (384,400 kilometres) from earth.
- There is no atmosphere, no wind or weather on the moon.
- The footprints left by the Apollo astronauts will still be seen for at least 10 million years because there is no erosion on the Moon.