To enjoy while we learn musculoskeletal system.... Let's listen to this song!!
It's really important to know how our body works! Did you know that we have more than 600 muscles?? Or that our heart is one of the most important muscles that is moving involuntarily??
Some facts about bones:
- There are 206 bones in the human body.
- Bones need calcium to keep healthy – foods like milk, nuts and broccoli all have calcium in them.
- We get bigger and taller when our bones grow.
- In addition to muscles, we have joints between our bones to do things like moving our arm up and down, and turning our head.
- The longest bone in your body is called the femur, which is located in your thigh.
Some facts about muscles:
- Muscles make up almost half of how much we weigh.
- There are about 640 muscles in the human body. The most important one is the heart.
- There are three different kinds of muscles – skeletal, smooth and cardiac.
- Involuntary muscles like the heart move without us thinking about it.
- Voluntary muscles are found in places like our arms and legs – we decide when we want to move them.
- Muscles are attached to bones with tendons
- The largest muscle is called the gluteus maximus, in your bottom. It helps you walk.
- Muscles are mostly water – about 75%.
Human Body is great!!
Check these interactive games and don't forget what you have learnt!!