Functions of the Circulatory System
- Respiration - delivers oxygen to the cells and removing carbon dioxide from them
- Nutrition - carries digested food substances to the cells of the body
- Waste Removal - disposes of waste products and poisons that would harm the body if they accumulated
- Immunity - helps protect the body from disease
- Cellular Communication - the circulatory system provides a mode of transport for hormones
- Thermoregulation - the circulatory system transports heat (can both warm and cool body)
Here you have some really useful videos about one of the most important system for our body!